- BA Speech Pathology and Audiology (University of Witwatersrand)
- Master of Audiology (University of Witwatersrand)
I completed my community service year in rural Kwa-Zulu Natal, where I was actively involved in the rehabilitation unit and various community projects after which I was a locum for a private practice at a school in Cape Town. I then returned to Johannesburg where I worked as Senior Speech Therapist and Audiologist at South Africa’s largest hospital, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital.
After completing my Masters in Audiology, I practiced at a specialised centre for autism, research and education. I also supervised students at the University of Witwatersrand. I then opened my own private practice in 2014, and I have worked from special needs schools and a specialised therapy facility. I have completed many courses on feeding therapy, language and play therapy, specialised intervention and audiological practices. I have a special interest in special-needs, school-aged language and academic support, auditory perceptual difficulties and feeding disorders.
The objectives of my practice are to provide a holistic approach to a child’s development and offer them the best quality of life whilst assessing, treating and managing any speech, language, communication, auditory perceptual and feeding difficulty that they may have whilst adhering to the practice principles:
- Quality: We maintain the highest standards and achieve them by continually measuring and improving our outcomes (clinical and non-clinical)
- Innovation: We welcome change, encourage invention and continually seek continued learning and more efficient ways to achieve our therapy goals.
- Teamwork: We collaborate and share knowledge with other professionals across a range of disciplines to benefit patients and fellow caregivers for the advancement of our goals.
- Service: We strive to achieve and give our patients, their caregivers and other professionals excellent service
- Integrity: We adhere to high moral principles and professional standards by a commitment to honesty, confidentiality, trust, respect and transparency.
- Compassion: We demonstrate our commitment to world-class care by providing a caring and supportive environment for our patients, patients’ families and fellow caregivers.